VALORLUX cooperates with municipalities for the selective sorting of PMC products i.e. Plastic jars and bottles, Metallic packaging, beverage Cartons; the method used is the door-to-door collection of blue bags.
The contract put forward by VALORLUX sets the following cooperation modalities:
- The municipality and VALORLUX join forces for the organization of the selective collection of domestic packaging waste, PMC in particular;
- The contract is offered for a year and can be tacitly renewed for another five one-year periods.
- Takes care of the recycling of the PMC materials collected in the blue bags and of the energetic recovery of the sorting residue of the said materials;
- Covers all expenses of collecting, sorting and recycling the blue PMC bags. The expenses of the recovery of sorting residues are on the other hand shared between VALORLUX and the municipality. E.g. for a municipality of 1,000 inhabitants, the contribution reaches about 30€ per annum;
- May organize in order to optimize collection in several municipalities a call for proposals for all municipalities concerned;
- Provides the municipality – free of charge – with all PMC bags, sorting guides and PMC collection timetables needed.
The municipality, the city or the trade union
- Handles the distribution of blue bags, sorting guides and PMC collection timetables, particularly when selective sorting starts;
- Cooperates with VALORLUX in order to inform citizens e.g. through the municipality’s publications.
The dates of launch of the projects are determined based on proposals by VALORLUX.
After confirmation of the participation of a municipality, two months are enough to organize the first selective collection in the right way.